volunteer near me
Make a difference with volunteering and adventure travel in Uganda
Go on Safari, climb Mount Kilimanjaro, bungee jump over the Nile river or go white water rafting. Whatever you want to do with your year out, Africa offers all the adventure you need. The only challenge will be fitting it all in!
Give something back and pass on the skills you’ve learned at college to young students, whether you love English, Drama, Dance, Sport, Music or whatever your passion is, you can influence young minds and make a real difference to the lives of the children you meet in Uganda.
Cultural immersion is more than just being a tourist and seeing the sights, it’s a unique opportunity to engage meaningfully with individuals and a community, to build relationships, make friends and live life as they do.
All our programs are divided into three parts – orientation, cultural immersion placement and independent travel.
- Orientation – a chance to settle in, get to know your group and make sure you’re fully prepared for all aspects of your placement.
- Immersion – you live and work with others in your group in our partner community around Jinja, close to the source of the River Nile, sharing your skills. Key to the experience is the high level of independence we offer. We’re always available, but we stand back and let you make the most of the experience.
- Independent Travel – the final month of the program is free for you to explore Uganda and even further afield. We’re still here to support you whenever you need!
- Live, work and play in the community and build lasting friendships
- Travel independently at the end of your program
- Our own 24/7 in-country support team
- Teach young children and add stand out work experience to your CV/resume